Homeless Registry Project Manager (posted 11/8/2016)
Overview: Shelters of Saratoga is a seeking a highly motivated individual to help lead a critical first step within a broader community effort to end homelessness in Saratoga Springs, NY. The project manager will lead the effort to create a homelessness registry – a comprehensive file of the current homeless population that will be maintained as an ongoing database into the future. Registry data will be foundational to subsequent policy and planning initiatives aimed at materially reducing homelessness in the greater Saratoga Springs community.
Scope of Work: Over 8-10 weeks, the project manager’s core task will be coordinating all aspects of registry planning, culminating with registry execution over the course of a ~week in mid-to-late January. Duties will require an estimated 8-10 hours per week over this time period. Strategic direction will be set by the Registry Steering Committee. Specific project manager responsibilities include:
- Coordination with activities of the Registry Steering Committee
- Coordinating stakeholder/community partner communication
- Coordinating efficient registry data collection
- Overseeing recruitment, training and coordination of registry team leaders
- Overseeing recruitment, training and coordination of registry volunteers
- Basic to intermediate computing skills:
- Knowledge of excel or comparable spreadsheet software
- Volunteer or paid experience with basic field data collection, such as field research, political campaign, community organizing, public awareness or marketing campaign etc.
- Demonstrably strong organizational skills
- Demonstrable ability to work independently
- Track record of working well with a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Volunteer or paid experience demonstrating a commitment to advancing social justice initiative or movement
Applications should be sent to:
Michael Finocchi, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications to begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
Do you have a passion for human service? We are in need of a compassionate person to work with our houseguests as an overnight and weekend monitor. This is a great position for those looking to supplement their income. . Come join our team and feel good about giving back to those in need.
Contact Ashley Jurica for more information: 518-581-1097 or email@example.com
An internship provides the opportunity for students to apply the knowledge they have learned in the classroom to “real world” experiences. Internships may be completed year round. As a member of the shelter team, with supervision provided by case management, the intern performs case management activities to facilitate the maximum function and coping capacity of shelter residents while following shelter policies and procedures. Interns will interview residents, identify their needs, connect them to available resources and assist with paperwork as needed. Intern will work with residents on a one to one basis to develop and implement an individualized case action plan. We welcome an opportunity to speak with you regarding an internship with the Shelter.
If you are interested in our internship position please email firstname.lastname@example.org.